Sensory-Friendly Event Elements
As a medical facility for children with a varying range of special needs, it is important to us to accomodate as many kiddos as we can by providing activities that will best meet the needs of each child.
While the cheering, laughing, and energy of a crowd can be an exciting atmosphere, for many of our kiddos it can be overwhelming or overstimulating. For this reason, we will be offering multiple sensory-friendly activities and accomodations, including:
- A social story to share with your kiddo before the event. Click here to view the social story!
- The idle zone will be a quiet space available for those who need a sensory break.
- Various carnival games and activities for children of all abilities, including a free play station.
- Rubber aisleways in the arena for our friends on wheels.
- Noise-cancelling headphones will be available, although we encourage anyone who already owns their own to please bring them.
- Sensory/special needs friendly parade (no sirens, no candy throwing, etc.)
For any other special requests, please email Breinne Lasley, Event Manager, who will work with you on your accomodations.